The Columbia County Youth Action Team is a group of teenagers from local high schools who work together to pledge against destructive decisions and work toward the promotion of positive activities for themselves and their peers. The mission of the Youth Action Team is to encourage positive decision making and prevent underage drinking and drug misuse. In the past, the students have attended various leadership training, such as a week of workshops at Georgia Teen Institute. The team also participated in two rounds of, “Sticker Shock,”to raise awareness in the community about the consequences of business owners providing alcohol to minors. The teens have also traveled to the state capitol for Prevention Day. Altogether, the Youth Action Team has volunteered more than 100 hours of volunteer service at events in our very own community. If you’re interested in being a member of our Youth Action Team, contact Prevention Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com or 706-650-5010.
Why you should join Youth Action Team:
• Community service hours/volunteer opportunities
• Networking and teamwork with other Columbia County youth
• Learning new leadership skills
• Participation that looks great on college applications
• Fun community events: Monster Mash Halloween Event, Red Ribbon Run 5K, etc.
• Feeling great about helping the community!
• A Youth Action Team t-shirt
• Must be a Columbia County High School student (grades 9-12)
• Must commit to being alcohol and drug-free
• Attend monthly Youth Action Team meetings (unless you have an approved excuse)
• Participate in all Youth Action Team projects (unless you have an approved reason)
• Pledge to represent the Youth Action Team in a positive and respectful manner
• Have a passion for making a difference!