For 15 years, this organization has been providing after-school programs and opportunities for youth to become engaged, productive citizens of Columbia County.
Columbia County Community Connections works to make children safe, healthy, educated, and part of a stable, self sufficient family. As a member of the Family Connection statewide network since 1999, our community collaborative works together to build partnerships, find resources, and implement programs to serve children and families. We are local leaders using research and data to find solutions to our community’s challenges. We meet monthly to identify needs and resources, set goals and priorities, evaluate programs and strategies, and measure results. Everyone is welcome to join this process.
With the help of many partners Here is what we've been able to achieve in our community
- Raise the graduation rate at Harlem High School from 70% to 84%
- Reduce the incarceration rate of youth in Columbia County by 67%
- Provide 30,000 bags of food annually to 600 children
- Present $15,000 to local teens for the Ryan Clark Scholarship and Community Service Award
- Leverage $45,000 per year into $750,000 for programs and services
- Connect 250 youth with local businesses for summer employment
- Increase academic performance for youth in after school programs
- Raise awareness of substance abuse and its impact on youth